Important communications from MOWG HQ AND NHQ concerning COVID-19
Good evening Missouri Wing Members,
We are pleased to inform you that effective Monday, 10/11/2021 Missouri Wing will be back in Phase 3!
As a reminder this is still not "ops normal" and we need to continue to be proactive in keeping our members healthy and safe. At the below link is the revised Phase 3 plan, any changes are in red. Additionally we have created a best practices document, these are additional suggestions and best practices learned from events over the last year.
Highlights from the Phase 3 plan:
- We can resume overnight activities and gatherings over 50. Please see Best Practices link above for suggestions.
- Members will verify local community guidelines for activities and gatherings to include mask and social distancing recommendations. If a municipality is more restrictive than our plan you need to abide by their guidelines.
- Members should continue to self screen prior to attending, anyone exhibiting a fever or COVID symptoms should not attend.
- Surface cleaning and hand sanitizing/washing should continue.
- CDC Recommendation for facemasks: people including children older than 2, should wear a mask in indoor public places if they are:
- Not fully vaccinated
- Fully vaccinated and in an area with substantial or high transmission
- Fully vaccinated and with weakened immune systems
- In general, you do not need to wear a mask in outdoor settings.
- In areas with high numbers of COVID-19 cases, consider wearing a mask in crowded outdoor settings and for activities with close contact with others who are not fully vaccinated.
- Health service officer or safety officer serving a major event to contact local public health officials or military base public health officers to ensure all is conducted in accordance with directives.
As it has been reinforced the last year and a half we still need to be cautious and safety conscious in moving forward. Let's keep our members safe and hit the ground running with Missouri Wing Civil Air Patrol training and activities!
-from Missouri Wing e-mail 10 Oct 2021
For the latest national information concerning Civil Air Patrol and COVID-19 (Coronavirus), please visit the National Headquarters COVID-19 Information Center.